Chez Lynne

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm Cursed


Lurray Caverns Posted by Picasa

It never fails. I always have the worst 4th of Julys and this year was no different. Zak and I had a long holiday weekend and decided we'd travel to Richmond, VA as well as Leesburg, Va to check out some of the haunted tours. We started out on our journey...it took us about 4 hours to go 60 miles so we gave up and came home. So instead of Richmond and Leesburg we decided to visit the Lurray Caverns instead. Luckily this allowed us to avoid a lot of traffic but the Caverns were still packed!! We waited in line forever to enter just to be stuck underground with droves of people and then waited in line forever to exit. Oh well. It was still kinda cool and now I can cross this tourist spot off my list.

But this horrible weekend did seal my thought that I am always cursed on the 4th of July holiday. Next year I'm ordering take out, renting tons of DVDS, and spending the whole weekend in my apartment in front of the air conditioner.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Hey, if you can't spend the 4th on an airmattress in the middle of a lake while sipping on a Mike's Hard lemonade, then I say sitting at home with DVDs & takeout in the ac is the next best thing. Of course, your takeout should include a slice from The Cheesecake Factory.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    You guys living in DC are doing all the things I used to do in my faraway youth. I think we went to Luray Caverns on a Girl Scout trip. But come to think of it, we might have gone to some kind of poor man's Luray - it was someplace in Western MD, with just a couple of stalagmites and watched the water dripping.

    So have you been to Antietam and Harpers Ferry yet? Other Girl Scout spots....the best ever GS field trip was to Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant. That was seriously excellent. You can also collect lots of fossils on the beach right near there...they are probably only slightly radioactive.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger lynne said…

    Oooo...Cheesecake on the 4th is going to be a new tradition for us. But I'm making Zak go get it because I really am cursed on that day.

    I just added all those locations on my "MD visit" to-do list. I'm going to have to pick your brain for some more good day trips!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home