Chez Lynne

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Best. Day trip. Ever!


Gettysburg Posted by Picasa

In June Zak and I went to Gettyburg, Pa. and it was so much fun!! Here's me in front of one of the canons that marks one of the battlefields. Gettysburg did make me realize that I now NOTHING about American History. I can recite the ins and outs of the French Revolution but How did I miss all this great gorey American history?

It was such an intersting place. We ate at a supposedly haunted Inn/Restaurant and went on a ghost tour. So much fun!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    You had me at ghost tour. I'm so going to go visit Gettysburg now.

    Oh & I know so very little about our own history, too. Sad really. All those hours and years spent in classes which I squandered away with daydreaming instead of paying attention. Think how brilliant I could be if only I had given a damn about actually learning all those years in school rather then just getting by. Pathetic.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That was one of my very favorite family vacations to gettysburg. There are about a million pictures of me and my sisters lined up sitting on a cannon.

    I still don't know any history though, I guess it didn't exactly penetrate. If you are up for another us history trip I recommend Fort Ticonderoga...that was fun too. I think that area is really pretty and vacationy too.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger lynne said…

    Fort Ticonderoga-that sounds so familiar! Probebly another one of those US History things I should know and don't.

    It sounds fun, though. I like Forts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home