Chez Lynne

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I've Always Depended on the Kindness of Strangers

A couple of Fridays ago (actually the Friday before my 6K race)I was doing my usual run around my neighborhood and suddenly a minivan stopped right in front of me. A lady hung out the window waving her arms and signaling for me to take my ear phones out. So I obliged, thinking she need directions. Instead she told me how she lives down the street and that she's me out running everyday and goes on and on about how proud she is of me and how much weight I've lost. Then she finshed by giving me a cravy thumbs up wave and drove off.

I was amazed. First I didn't realize people were starting to recognize me around the neighboorhood and second, I really don't think I've lost that much weight. It was probably just because it was a warm day and I actually got to wear a t-shirt and light pants rather than the snow pants, sweatshirts, and ski-mask I had to wear during the winter.

But either way, it's nice to get recognition and it was really nice of the lady to stop and give a complete stranger kudos. I wish I had someone around me that noticed all the hard work I was doing like a boyfriend or a hus...oh wait...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Oh, I love the crazy thumbs up wave lady. Doesn't that just make your day? Now that you've got a fan it will make it that much easier to go running...don't want to disappoint the lynne fans...

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger ab said…

    How nice of crazy lady! Last summer as I was running and about to give up, an old lady yelled out to me, "Keep up the good work honey!" That gave me the stamina to run even further. Good for you!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Okay this was not where I thought it was going to go when a minivan stopped right in front of you. I read 'van... stopped' & I think potential serial killer, serial rapist, or flasher (although, I could use a good laugh so a flasher might be entertaining). Thank god your neighbors are crazy sweet!

    How nice of her. I want your neighbors. Mine all cook crap that stinks up the hallway & leave trash everywhere.

    Oh & next time a van stops in front of you, in case it's not a nice person but a scary person, use your finger over your mouth as a mustache disguise in case you need to make a run for it.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Oh & did you make sure to tell Zak this story?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home