Chez Lynne

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Accidental Blogging Hiatus

Well, I'm not dead. Maybe some of you thought the poodles finally did me in but, nope, I'm still here and ready to jump back on the blogging band wagon. I can't beleive I was gone so long! It's been so busy here that I really let my blogging slide-but no more!!!
So here's what been keeping me MIA for so long:

1. Running. I'm just too tired do anything after my runs. Not even type. I've upped my usual route to 5 miles. Last week I ran aver 20 miles!

2. Work. It's nearing the end of the semester, which is always the busiest time for me. In addition to the usual lectures and preperations there are Quizzes, Finals, and papers. Just as much work for me as it is for them. I'm pretty sure I put more effort into grading these things than the kids actually put into studying or writing.

3. Trip plans. I've decided to plan a study abroad trip for my students so that's causing a lot of extra work too. Lots of hoops to jump through and all that.

4. Visits from family. Right after Zak's parents left my sister came for a visit. Atleast this is a fun distraction but a distraction none-the-less.

5. Thesis. Yeah, I'm still working on that and trying to get done by August. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Really, now that I've written this it doesn't seem like so much. Pretty much I'm a blogging slacker and need to get my act together.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Holy Crap Lynne! When you decide to come back blogging you come back! Sounds like you've been super duper busy.I've been a blogger slack lately too, oh well. You look great btw! Just stopped by to say hi. HI!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Hey Lynne! You are a busy girl! I'm in awe of all your running and productive thesis writing! Where is your trip going to be? That sounds terrific!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Now that's a way to plan a trip that you have to go on- plan one for your students! You can't not go because you're their teacher. And it's got to be a tax write off, right?

    And I 2nd Christine's question- where ya going?

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Oh, I forgot one more thing- it's about damn time! I can only real over your old posts so many times before I crave new posts. You should commit to being a slacker in every other part of your life *except* blogging. Now that's a plan worth exploring.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Lolie said…

    Okay, this has been a ridiculously long hiatus, post hiatus, so when are you going to bother to blog again? zLo

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Yeah, so does this mean you're done blogging? Forever?

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Hi Lynne~
    Miss you:)

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Happy birthday Lynne!!!!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Red & Psycho said…

    Lynne, aren't you ever coming back?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home