Chez Lynne

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring "Break"

It's spring break for my school and, as always, I'm totally wasting time that should be spent drunk and shirtless on a beach. I never did the spring break thing-even when I was a student-so I'm thinking next year I'm going to make up for lost time...

However, this year it's the same old, same old. I put the word break in qotes since I'm not even considering it a real vacation. Sure, I didn't have to teach this whole week but instead I just spent 10 hours grading exams and calculating mid-term grades and now my in-laws will be here in about 24 hours. Which means mad-dash cleaning, stocking up on pain-killers, and practicing smiling through sideways insults and complaining. Keep your fingers crossed that it won't end in a bizarre murder, murder, murder, suicide.

Ahhhh...good times.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger ab said…

    Pain killers huh? I'll have to try that next time my in-laws visit.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger hot babe said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Don't bother with the 3rd murder & the suicide. Just do the 1st 2, and then you & Zak fly out to a secret hideout (hb's apt) where you'll be safe from the authorities.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Lynne, I feel for you.

    Just vent on your blog. Makes for good blog material.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home