Chez Lynne

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Night Watch ++++

Okay, my plus sign mean nothing because I really just put however many I think look good rather than relating to any kind of real rating system. Plus I just want to copy Stacy because she's a movie rating hero of mine.

I went to see this movie last weekend and even though it got horrible reviews from real movie conniseurs, I, of course, enjoyed it a lot. The story is a basic one about good vs. evil but the visuals were great, and again, it was about vampires and that kind of fantasy crap so I ate it up. It's also part of a trilogy so that is fun too since in the next movie it will be from the "evil" group's point of view. Oh, and it was Russian, so there were subtitles but I actually enjoy that sometime-especially since it's so much better than when they dub over it with English.

So if it comes to an artsy movie theater near you check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    I've been wondering about this movie. I have a bad stereotype in my head of Russian films as depressing and mostly impenetrable (and with weird music), but this one looked kind of fun.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger hot babe said…

    You lost me at subtitles. While they are so much better than any attempt at dubing over with English, I refuse to read my movies. It's much more of a statement of my true laziness than my lack of cultural & artistic appreciation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home