Chez Lynne

Friday, February 24, 2006

Yet Another Addiciton...

Oh which I forgot to mention in the last post-I've recently become addicted to the TLC show Miami Ink. And it reminds of the fact that I really want a tatoo but I'm such a wimp that I don't think I could ever go through with it. It's not that I'm worried about the pain, but more the fact that I'd probebly get sick of the thing but I'd be stuck with it the rest of my life.

Plus, getting a tatoo seems like a complicated process...first what to get? I don't think I'm bad ass enough to get anything with barb wire or a naked chic, which seems to be the typical choice. And I'm not girly enough to go with butterflies, flowers, or a chinese symbol for inner peace. Hmmmm...I could choose something that is associated with my hobbies or career but for some reason I think a portrait of Harry Potter or the Mona Lisa could get really old really quick.

And most importantly, where to get it? The lower back area seems to be popular but I'm not really pleased with the way my upper butt looks plus I don't wear low rise anything (and the world breaths a sigh of relief) so I wouldn't be able to show it off. There's the ankle, but that seems so early 90s. And the butt and boob are totally off limits-too tender. And the shoulder blade seems a bit manish...

Alas, I guess a tatoo is not in my future. How sad, because the thought of a huge dragon circling a heart with the name of my cat in the middle tattoed across my ass seems fun in theory.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    I have quite a bit to say on this subject as you may imagine....

    I actually hate my tatoo less than what I verbalize... I guess I feel like I should hate it, so somehow voicing I do discounts having it. I had all these concerns that you raise in what to get...where... do I want to live with it forever? Since I was 18 and Kris was getting one I cracked under the pressure of my peer and opted for a giant sun an my forearm.... I was *and still am* modest and it seemed like the only place I felt comfortable exposing... They are addicting for some reason *the reason for the flower on the back of my shoulder.Being I have never exposed the back of my shoulder it seems pointless...I know I would probably get another if I ever found myself in a tatoo parlor *is that really what they are called* just because I am really impulsive like that. Next time you are visiting I will get one with you if you decide on that awesome naked chic for your upper butt:)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger lynne said…

    I actually like your sun on your arm...I'd consider that place but I have too hairy of arms.

    But you're totally on-this summer, when i come to visit again (I've just invited myself) we'll go get tatoos. Be looking for a good place!!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    o.k. I am holding you to this you know!I was thinking about getting a little cute something on my toe..I knew a girl that had a ladybug on hers and it was way cuter than you would ever think it would be.
    I have also always chukled at the idea of getting xavier roberts on my butt *the cabbage patch kids trademark* without getting too detailed I have always figured it would be a mood breaker for Greg:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home