Chez Lynne

Friday, February 24, 2006

From Bad to Worse

Beware, this is a post of just complete bitching...

It's been a rouch couple of weeks in Lynnville. Especially with anything mechanical.
First, on the way home from work last week the check engine light came on...so I take it into the shop and luckily it's just a computer problem that, even though still expensive, is easily fixed. However, while they're fixing that problem they find a crack in the lower intake manifold (wow, I kind of sound like I know what I'm talking about even though I don't) and it's going to cost about $1300 to fix. That's about half of what the car is actually worth.

Luckily, I talk to my dad and he says he can fix it no problem and just bring it back to Michigan when I get the chance. Problem solved, right? Or so I thought. On Tuesday I go grocery shopping (and of course stock up on frozen foods and a large chicken) and the stupid car won't start. So I'm stuck in the Giant parking lot with a trunk full of food. So I hoof it to the shop, again, and find out they have to tow the friggin car. The guy was nice enough to drive my to my car to get some of my groceris so I could metro them home...I remembered the frozen stuff but accidently left the chicken.

So here, I'm thinking, fine, I'll just have to pay the whopping amount to fix the manifold but atleast it will be done and I'll save both my dad and me the trouble having him fix it in Michigan...wrongo! It's something totally different, that costs an additional $500 plus towing costs plus the cost of the stupid chicken I left to stink up my trunk.

So now, I still have to take the car home to fix the manifold problem and pray that it doesn't break down on the 12 hour trip.

And to make matters even worse, we haven't had hot water in our apartment for two days. yup-cold showers for two friggin days. Today was esepcially bad. I went for a nice run to get myself all hot and sweaty so the shock of the cold water would actually be refreshing rather than murderous but it backfired. It was actually cold and windy today for my run so instead of the cold shower being a blessing it was horrible. Plus, the longer the water ran the colder it got-it was so bad that my finger nails were actually turning blue and it made me feel physically ill. Especially when the water hit my back. For some reason it was okay for all the other body parts but when my frozen hair hit the small of my back I swear I almost passed out.

Whew...that's it, enough bitching. Thanks for listning.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger hot babe said…

    Holy crap on a cracker! You totally deserve a huge cheesy pizza & lots of X-Files episodes. I'd say Zak's gonna need to get his own pizza because you need one all to yourself. Oh & ice cream, too, because you'll need something sweet to offset the salty. Mmmmmmm...

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger ab said…

    Yes, you need the food that HB mentioned, and maybe buy yourself something nice. I mean it's only fair. You've been through a lot.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger ab said…

    Hehe...the word verification for my last comment was POOPS.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    I'm so sad about your car troubles. And the hot water troubles. I hope that the hot water at least has been restored by now. SO miserable.

    Hope things are looking up in Lynnville these days!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    How are you doing Lynne? Everytime I see this post I feel so sad. And freezing cold with the blue fingernails...

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    I hope things have been going better for you Lynne, but I seriously miss your posts and comments.

    Hope all is well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home